I’m fine now, I’m fine, yes, I’m perfectly well,
I’m back in the street and I’m sure you can tell
I’ve got a reaction from all those around.
They talk, and I’m keeping my ear to the ground.
Well Karl’s face went ashen when he saw me back
With my shiny new bike and my leathers of black.
And Paul was quite freaked and it’s no easy feat
To freak out the sneakiest man in the street.
I went to see Toadie, at least he seemed happy,
But Sonya looked wary and at first pretty snappy.
Who else can I freak by just being about?
They’re fretting and fussing at Steph getting out!
I’m fine now, I’m fine, all I want is a chance,
I promise I won’t get embroiled in romance.
I won’t snatch a baby, I won’t run folk over.
I’m real me again, and my old life is over.
I’m fine now, I’m fine, so don’t get in a tizz,
I’ll e-mail dear Libby and ask how she is,
I’ll bake cakes with Susan, I’ll babysit Nell,
No more misdemeanours and playing merry hell.
I’ll even do housework and go to play Bingo,
I’m sorry, real sorry what happened to Ringo.
Look, trust me, I’m fine now,
I’ve really calmed down.
The reformed Steph Scully, the quiet girl in town!
© Carol Ann Wood
Index of Posts:
- Ladybird Lover: Down And Dirty With Gary
- Father Jack In The Sack
- Beauty And The Priest: Father Jack and his tortured soul.
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me: Reflections on Matt Turner’s reappearance
- Beauty And The Priest
- Terese Talks
- Sheila Takes A Look At Love
- Love Thy Neighbour: Kyle Canning
- Love Thy Neighbour: The marriage of Daniel and Imogen
- Let’s Hear It For The Boys! Nate and Aaron
- Love Thy Neighbour: Amy Williams
- Love Thy Neighbour: Amber Turner
- Lauren In Limbo
- From Boy To Man: RIP Josh Willis
- An open Letter From Nate Kinski
- Brad’s Eye View
- Pappa Was A Rolling Stone
- The Doppelgänger
- Remembering Matt Turner
- Bye Bye Bailey
- Georgia On My Mind
- What A Sheila!
- Terese Willis: More Sinned Against Than Sinning
- You’ve Got A Friend In Sonya
- Through Paige’s Eyes
- Terese With No H
- Biker Girl’s Back
- Love Thy Neighbour: Never Sully A Scully!
- Love Thy Neighbour: Naomi Canning
About the author
Contact the author
Follow Carol Ann Wood on Twitter
Carol’s football-related blog: Levelling the Playing-Field
NOT Just Saying: Carol’s comments on feminism, fashion, food and folly
Please note that any advertisements which appear below these posts are not indicative of any endorsement by the author. They are placed there by a WordPress algorithm.