The second in a series of regular poetic reviews of Erinsborough’s Ramsay Street – this one prompted by two October webisodes
Oh Paul, oh Paul, what have you done?
You’ve changed the lives of everyone
Who ever lived in Ramsay Street
(And those who died there too).
Did you correct your past mistakes
By going back to do re-takes?
And have you altered history?
What are you going to do?
Oh Paul, oh Paul, the ‘old’ Terese
Has rather different, common ways,
She’s not the classy lady that
You tried to prise from Gary.
And as your past comes back to haunt,
You’re looking spooked, and pale, and gaunt
When you meet your kids and find
That two of them decide to marry!
Is this surreal experience a lesson learnt?
We’re in suspense,
And did you still burn Lassiter’s
And marry Gail? Do tell!
And what about the other wives?
(You’ve had a few in your past lives!)
And did your nephew still get trapped
With Immy, down a well?
We have so many questions, Paul
And we want answers to them all.
But mostly we all want to know
The Blue Box secrets please!
We know there is a nurse’s dress.
The rest we’re always trying to guess.
Don’t keep us in suspenders with
A cryptic, crafty tease.
What will your next adventure be?
We really cannot wait to see.
Will you meet Harold, Madge and
Mrs Mangel on the way?
Perhaps a twin who’s named Alessi?
Careful Paul, this could get messy.
We’re not sure this time hop really
Makes a better day!
© Carol Ann Wood
Tuesday 31 October 2017
My bespoke poetry service, Diverse Verse
About the author
Contact the author, or follow this blog
Follow Carol Ann Wood on Twitter
Carol’s football-related blog: Levelling the Playing-Field
NOT Just Saying: Carol Anns’s comments on feminism, fashion, food and folly
Index of Posts:
- Dipi’s Magic Tea
- A Rainbow Of Love
- Reviving Clive
- The Communal Date
- The Leaving Of Steph
- The Bea’s Knees
- Pecs and Sex
- Dipi’s Trail Of Destruction
- The Return Of Plain Jane Super Brain
- David Tanaka In Cambridge
- Don’t Get Too Busy, Izzy
- Don’t Go Near The Hot Tub, Clive
- Elly’s Shoulders: A poem in celebration of Miss Conway’s clavicle, scapula and humerus
- How To Be Besties With Angie Rebecchi
- Make Sheila Feel Alive, Clive!
- The Plot Thickens
- Lyneeeeeee Returns (Again)
- The Neighbours Whodunnit
- Temperatures Raise With Terese
- Rewriting history?
- Only A Carbon Footprint Away
- Ladybird Lover: Down And Dirty With Gary
- Father Jack In The Sack
- Beauty And The Priest: Father Jack and his tortured soul.
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me: Reflections on Matt Turner’s reappearance
- Beauty And The Priest
- Terese Talks
- Sheila Takes A Look At Love
- Love Thy Neighbour: Kyle Canning
- Love Thy Neighbour: The marriage of Daniel and Imogen
- Let’s Hear It For The Boys! Nate and Aaron
- Love Thy Neighbour: Amy Williams
- Love Thy Neighbour: Amber Turner
- Lauren In Limbo
- From Boy To Man: RIP Josh Willis
- An open Letter From Nate Kinski
- Brad’s Eye View
- Pappa Was A Rolling Stone
- The Doppelgänger
- Remembering Matt Turner
- Bye Bye Bailey
- Georgia On My Mind
- What A Sheila!
- Terese Willis: More Sinned Against Than Sinning
- You’ve Got A Friend In Sonya
- Through Paige’s Eyes
- Terese With No H
- Biker Girl’s Back
- Love Thy Neighbour: Never Sully A Scully!
- Love Thy Neighbour: Naomi Canning
Please note that any advertisements which appear below these posts are not indicative of any endorsement by the author. They are placed there by a WordPress algorithm.