It’s been years since the fun days of Scott and Charlene,
And their neighbour, Nell Mangel, the street’s strait-laced queen.
It’s been years since a young girl, all prim, shy and meek
Was taken aside and transformed, from a geek
Into a chic stunner, but now Jane is back.
And she’s snooping around like a self-sleuthing hack!
She’s peeking in cupboards, no longer her own.
She’s making some secretive calls on her phone.
She’s acting quite strange as this story unfurls.
But why has she now gone all ‘twinset and pearls’?
Gone is the glam girl with many a fan.
Oh Jane! We all think you’ve turned into your nan!
You need to go shopping with Dipi and co,
To get back the style that you had long ago.
We love your sweet ways and the way that you care,
But reclaim the girl, for we know she’s still there!
Enough watching serious news on the telly,
Get silly with Sonya; get plastered with Elly!
We know that your nan said to ‘Keep yourself nice’,
But you’ve gone a bit far in obeying her advice!
And what is this mystery searching all for?
A time capsule maybe, or a body in store?
We love that you’re back in our favourite place,
We’re ever so happy to see your sweet face.
We want you to stay and get storylines darker.
A love romp or two, and a spat with Sue Parker!
Come Jane, let your hair down, you’re in a cool ’hood,
And you can be sassy as well as being good!
© Carol Ann Wood
My bespoke poetry service, Diverse Verse
About the author
Contact the author, or follow this blog
Follow Carol Ann Wood on Twitter
Carol’s football-related blog: Levelling the Playing-Field
NOT Just Saying: Carol Anns’s comments on feminism, fashion, food and folly
Index of Posts:
- The Leaving Of Steph
- The Bea’s Knees
- Pecs and Sex
- Dipi’s Trail Of Destruction
- The Return Of Plain Jane Super Brain
- David Tanaka In Cambridge
- Don’t Get Too Busy, Izzy
- Don’t Go Near The Hot Tub, Clive
- Elly’s Shoulders: A poem in celebration of Miss Conway’s clavicle, scapula and humerus
- How To Be Besties With Angie Rebecchi
- Make Sheila Feel Alive, Clive!
- The Plot Thickens
- Lyneeeeeee Returns (Again)
- The Neighbours Whodunnit
- Temperatures Raise With Terese
- Rewriting history?
- Only A Carbon Footprint Away
- Ladybird Lover: Down And Dirty With Gary
- Father Jack In The Sack
- Beauty And The Priest: Father Jack and his tortured soul.
- Dream A Little Dream Of Me: Reflections on Matt Turner’s reappearance
- Beauty And The Priest
- Terese Talks
- Sheila Takes A Look At Love
- Love Thy Neighbour: Kyle Canning
- Love Thy Neighbour: The marriage of Daniel and Imogen
- Let’s Hear It For The Boys! Nate and Aaron
- Love Thy Neighbour: Amy Williams
- Love Thy Neighbour: Amber Turner
- Lauren In Limbo
- From Boy To Man: RIP Josh Willis
- An open Letter From Nate Kinski
- Brad’s Eye View
- Pappa Was A Rolling Stone
- The Doppelgänger
- Remembering Matt Turner
- Bye Bye Bailey
- Georgia On My Mind
- What A Sheila!
- Terese Willis: More Sinned Against Than Sinning
- You’ve Got A Friend In Sonya
- Through Paige’s Eyes
- Terese With No H
- Biker Girl’s Back
- Love Thy Neighbour: Never Sully A Scully!
- Love Thy Neighbour: Naomi Canning
Please note that any advertisements which appear in association with these posts are not indicative of any endorsement by the author. They are placed there by a WordPress algorithm.